Cracked Ceramic Tiles
We will rectify cracked ceramic tiles which were installed as part of the Building Contract under the following circumstances:
- They are reported on the Maintenance Report Sheet/Defects Liability Form.
- After this time, we will rectify if – In dry areas (outside of the shower recess), the cracks measure 1mm in width or more (as covered under the 6 year Structural & Workmanship Warranty). Should the cracks measure below 1mm in width, they are deemed minor & of no structural concern.
- Cracked tiles appear within the shower recess (as covered under the 6 year Structural & Workmanship Warranty).
Cracked tiles measuring below 1mm in width - deemed minor (dry areas)
*The calibration gauge pictured above (measuring the cracks) has been supplied to us by Structerre Consulting Engineers - www.structerre.com.au
Should you notice dampness on the wall backing onto a shower recess, it is possible that the shower recess is leaking. However, there are a number of potential causes:
- Leaking tap ware – If you note the dampness occurring mid height or higher up the wall, it is possible that the leak is from the tap ware or showerhead. If this is found to be the cause and the 12 month warranty on tap ware has since expired, it will be the Homeowner’s responsibility to rectify if this is found to be the cause.
- Leaking shower screen – If this is found to be the cause and the 12 month warranty on shower screens has since expired, it will be the Homeowner’s responsibility to rectify. Should this occur within 12 months from Practical Completion, please call our department to discuss further.
- Cracked tiles within the shower recess – as long as these cracks are not damage by others (i.e. which have not been caused by the Builder), if found to be the cause of the leak we will rectify within the 6 year Structural & Workmanship Warranty period.
- Failed waterproofing – if found to be the cause we will rectify within the 6 year Structural & Workmanship Warranty period.